For an twist on regular pasta, try our pasta look-alike with the long zucchini strips. Its perfect with the lemony chicken.
The ingredient of Chicken baked in limoncello with zucchini spaghetti
- 4 x 180g corn-fed chicken breasts with skin, wing bone attached
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 large lemons, grated, juiced
- 6 sprigs lemon thyme
- 1 cup (250ml) limoncello*
- 50g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 30g unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 green zucchini, cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 yellow zucchini, cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
The instruction how to make Chicken baked in limoncello with zucchini spaghetti
- Place chicken in a non-metallic dish with garlic, rind and juice, and thyme. Add limoncello, cover and chill for 1 hour.
- To make zucchini, heat butter and oil in a frypan over medium heat, add garlic and zucchini and stir for 6-8 minutes until just cooked through. Add parsley and lemon juice and season. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Heat butter and oil in a large heavy-based frypan over high heat. Remove chicken from marinade (reserving marinade) and brown for 2-3 minutes each side. Place skin-side up on a baking tray and roast for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Return frypan to medium heat, add reserved marinade (including garlic and herbs) and stir for 5 minutes to reduce. Remove chicken from oven and rest for 5 minutes. Place on a serving plate, pour over sauce and serve with zucchini.
Nutritions of Chicken baked in limoncello with zucchini spaghettifatContent: 797.065 calories
saturatedFatContent: 37 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 15 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 35 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 34 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 42 grams protein
sodiumContent: 158 milligrams cholesterol