The ingredient of Tarragon chicken with pumpkin and walnut salad
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, quartered, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped tarragon
- 40g butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 (about 200g each) chicken breasts (with skin on)
- 1/2 cup (55g) walnut halves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 green witlof, leaves separated
- 1 baby curly endive, leaves separated
- 2 tablespoons tarragon leaves, extra
The instruction how to make Tarragon chicken with pumpkin and walnut salad
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Place the pumpkin, in a single layer, on the lined tray and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in preheated oven, turning once during cooking, for 20 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine tarragon, butter and half the mustard in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Loosen the skin on the chicken and place one-quarter of the butter mixture under the skin. Continue with remaining chicken and butter mixture. Place in a roasting pan and cook for 15-18 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Scatter the walnuts on an oven tray and bake for 5 minutes or until toasted.
- Combine the vinegar, remaining oil and remaining mustard in a screw-top jar and shake until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the witlof, endive and tarragon leaves in a medium bowl and drizzle with half the dressing. Gently toss to combine. Arrange the salad, pumpkin and walnuts on serving plates and drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve immediately with the chicken.
Nutritions of Tarragon chicken with pumpkin and walnut saladfatContent: 592.959 calories
saturatedFatContent: 38 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 10 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 50 grams protein
sodiumContent: 143 milligrams cholesterol