Leeks and carrots are infused with the flavour of chicken broth in this sensational side dish.
The ingredient of Braised leek and carrots in chicken broth
- 7 (about 2.4kg) leeks, pale section only
- 2 bunches baby (Dutch) carrots, trimmed, scrubbed, dried
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 x 410g cans chicken consomme (Campbells brand)
The instruction how to make Braised leek and carrots in chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Cut the leeks crossways into 4cm lengths. Wash under cold running water and place in a colander to drain.
- Combine the leek and carrots in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken consomme in a saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Pour the consomme over the vegetables and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve with the corned silverside.
Nutritions of Braised leek and carrots in chicken brothfatContent: 137.903 calories
saturatedFatContent: 4 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 13 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 13 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 9 grams protein