This balanced meal will impress the kids as they open their own dinnertime presents.
The ingredient of Fragrant chicken, pumpkin and lentil parcels
- 75g (1/2 cup) cashews
- 200g (1 cup) white long-grain rice
- 200g (1 cup) French-style green lentils (see note)
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 500g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- Coriander leaves, to serve
The instruction how to make Fragrant chicken, pumpkin and lentil parcels
- Preheat oven to 200C. Place cashews on an oven tray and roast for 5 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Layer 2 sheets baking paper on top of each other. Repeat with remaining sheets to make 4 double-layered stacks. Combine rice and lentils in a bowl, then spoon 1/2 cup lentil mixture into centre of each paper stack. Top each with one-quarter of the chicken and one-quarter of the pumpkin.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add cinnamon, paprika and cumin seeds and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add chicken stock and stir to combine. Remove from heat. Place 1 filled stack in a shallow bowl and carefully pour over 100ml stock mixture. Gather edges of baking paper to enclose filling. Tie with kitchen string to secure. Repeat with remaining stacks and stock mixture. Place parcels on an oven tray and bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Open parcels carefully (steam will be hot). Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and sprinkle with cashews and coriander leaves to serve.
Nutritions of Fragrant chicken, pumpkin and lentil parcelsfatContent: 721.302 calories
saturatedFatContent: 27 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 70 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 10 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 43 grams protein
sodiumContent: 99 milligrams cholesterol