A picture may be worth a thousand words, but this one needs only four - delicious, nutritious, filling and fast!
The ingredient of Stir-fried chicken with pumpkin & broccoli
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- Olive oil spray
- 400g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek
- 400g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 80ml (1/3 cup) water
- 300g broccoli, trimmed, cut into florets
- Steamed white rice, to serve
The instruction how to make Stir-fried chicken with pumpkin & broccoli
- Place the sherry, soy sauce and sugar in a bowl. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Heat a wok or large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Spray with olive oil spray. Add half the chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Spray wok with olive oil spray. Add the onion. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Add garlic and sambal oelek. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the pumpkin and water. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until pumpkin is almost tender. Add broccoli. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until broccoli is bright green and tender crisp.
- Add the chicken and sherry mixture to the pumpkin mixture. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until chicken is heated through. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Nutritions of Stir-fried chicken with pumpkin & broccolifatContent: 382.4 calories
saturatedFatContent: 4.5 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 50 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 32 grams protein