For those of us who cant eat gluten, try this great makeover of a classic chicken pie recipe! See notes section for Low FODMAP diet tip.
The ingredient of Gluten-free chicken and vegetable pie
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 400g chicken breast fillets, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled, diced
- 2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free cornflour
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup gluten-free cornflour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 50g Nuttelex dairy-free spread, chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
The instruction how to make Gluten-free chicken and vegetable pie
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and chicken. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Add zucchini, carrot and potato. Cook for 3 minutes. Add 1 cup stock to pan.
- Place cornflour and 1/4 cup remaining stock in a bowl. Stir to form a paste. Stir in remaining stock. Stir cornflour mixture into chicken mixture. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until just thickened. Stir through parsley and tarragon. Spoon mixture into a 5 cup-capacity ovenproof dish.
- Make pastry: Sift rice flour, cornflour, buckwheat flour and salt into a large bowl. Add spread, 1 tablespoon cold water and sunflower oil. Using a flat-bladed knife, stir to form a dough, adding extra cold water if needed. Knead dough for 3 minutes or until smooth and combined. Shape dough into a disc.
- Roll pastry out on a lightly floured surface until large enough to cover dish. Place pastry over filling. Pinch edges to seal. Brush with egg. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until pastry is golden. Stand for 5 minutes to cool. Serve.
Nutritions of Gluten-free chicken and vegetable piefatContent: 394.828 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 30.8 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 19.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 75 milligrams cholesterol