Asparagus: This crunchy vegie is great steamed, boiled or barbecued, and its perfect in this crisp spring salad. Wombok, bean sprouts and low-fat satay sauce give potato salad a tasty Asian twist.
The ingredient of Chicken and asparagus salad with satay sauce
- 12 Baby Coliban (Chat) potatoes (see note)
- 2 bunches asparagus, woody ends trimmed, halved diagonally
- 2 single chicken breast fillets
- Olive oil spray
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 250ml (1 cup) coconut-flavoured light evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons light crunchy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons kecap manis
- 1/2 wombok (Chinese cabbage) hard core removed, finely shredded
- 150g bean sprouts, trimmed
The instruction how to make Chicken and asparagus salad with satay sauce
- Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender. Add the asparagus in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the potatoes and asparagus to a bowl. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Bring the water to a simmer over medium heat. Add the chicken and reduce heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer chicken to a clean work surface. Coarsely shred.
- Meanwhile, spray a small saucepan with olive oil spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the evaporated milk and peanut butter, and whisk until well combined. Add the kecap manis and whisk until well combined. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 3 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Halve the potatoes. Place the potato, asparagus, chicken, wombok and bean sprouts in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Divide the salad among serving dishes. Drizzle over the satay sauce to serve.
Nutritions of Chicken and asparagus salad with satay saucefatContent: 491.623 calories
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 56 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 13 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 42 grams protein
sodiumContent: 62 milligrams cholesterol