Meat pies with pea mash
The ingredient of Meat pies with pea mash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g beef mince
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon undeniable flour
- 2 tablespoons on the spot gravy powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 Massel beef style inventory dice, crumbled
- three sheets frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, partly thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Pea mash, to serve
- Gravy (optional), to serve
- 400g golden pleasure potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1 half cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons milk
The instruction how to make Meat pies with pea mash
- Heat oil in a big frying pan over medium-high warmth. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add mince. Cook, stirring with a timber spoon to break up mince, for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned. Add celery. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in flour, gravy powder, tomato sauce, inventory cube and 1 cup cold water. Season with pepper. Bring to the boil. Reduce warmth to low. Simmer, stirring on occasion, for 15 minutes or till sauce has thickened. Remove from warmth. Cool. Preheat oven to two hundredu00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced.
- Grease four 7.5cm (base) pie tins (see notice). Cut 2 pastry sheets in 1/2 diagonally. Line prepared tins with pastry. Trim excess. Fill cases with mince combination. Brush edges with egg. Cut remaining sheet into quarters. Place over fillings, urgent down edges to seal. Trim excess. Brush tops with egg. Bake for 25 to half-hour or till golden. Serve with pea mash and gravy (optionally available).
- To make pea mash: Place potato in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over medium-excessive warmness. Cook for 8 to ten minutes or until soft, including peas for closing 2 mins. Drain. Return to pan. Add milk. Season with salt and pepper. Mash.
Nutritions of Meat pies with pea mashfatContent: 977.032 calories
saturatedFatContent: 52 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 21 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 82 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 17 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 42 grams protein
sodiumContent: 189 milligrams cholesterol