Budget-friendly and ready in less than an hour, this healthy chicken salad is ideal for midweek meals or weekend entertaining.
The ingredient of Chicken, mango and barley salad recipe
- 1/2 cup pearl barley, rinsed, drained
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 x 150g chicken breast fillets
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- 1 continental cucumber, diced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons pistachio kernels, toasted
- 1 large mango, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Chicken, mango and barley salad recipe
- Cook barley in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 40 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, combine paprika, garlic and half the oil in a bowl. Add chicken. Toss to coat. Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill pan over medium heat. Cook chicken for 5 to 6 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Rest for 5 minutes. Slice chicken.
- Place salad leaves, cucumber, chilli and onion in a large serving dish. Combine vinegar, mustard and remaining oil in a small jug. Season with salt and pepper. Add barley and three-quarters of dressing to salad. Toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with pistachios. Arrange mango and chicken on top. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken, mango and barley salad recipefatContent: 426.854 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 29.4 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 39 grams protein
sodiumContent: 88 milligrams cholesterol