Serve this chicken stroganoff with a side of rice for a hearty Monday night meal.
The ingredient of Chicken stroganoff
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (180g each) chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 1 medium brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200g cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 cup light sour cream
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Fresh chives, finely chopped, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken stroganoff
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Heat half the oil in a flameproof baking dish over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until light golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion, garlic and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is softened. Add paprika. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add worcestershire sauce. Simmer for 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Add stock. Simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat (see note).
- Stir in sour cream. Season with pepper. Return chicken to dish. Transfer to oven. Bake, turning chicken occasionally, for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with chives. Serve with steamed rice.
Nutritions of Chicken stroganofffatContent: 441.194 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 7 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 45 grams protein
sodiumContent: 142 milligrams cholesterol