This tasty main is bursting with colour and flavour, but its not too spicy for young tastebuds.
The ingredient of Paprika chicken
- 2 (about 1.3kg each) whole fresh chickens, each cut into 4 or 6 pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 brown onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 435ml (1 3/4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock (see note)
- 90g (1/3 cup) light sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- Salt, to season
The instruction how to make Paprika chicken
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Cook half the chicken for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a tray lined with paper towel. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Add the paprika and fennel seeds. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in tomato and stock. Add the chicken. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 50 minutes. Uncover and simmer for a further 25 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutritions of Paprika chickenfatContent: 831.003 calories
saturatedFatContent: 52 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 6 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 83 grams protein
sodiumContent: 329 milligrams cholesterol