Super-healthy vegetables bathe in a bowl of traditional chicken laksa in this easy winter warmer.
The ingredient of Chicken laksa
- 2 (about 250g each) single chicken breast fillets, excess fat trimmed
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 180g laksa paste
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- 200g rice vermicelli noodles
- 150g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 100g bean sprouts, ends trimmed
- 100g baby spinach leaves, washed, dried
- 1 tablespoon finely grated palm sugar
- Lime wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken laksa
- Place the chicken, in a single layer, in a shallow, heatproof, microwave-safe dish. Pour over 250ml (1 cup) of the chicken stock. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and cook on Medium/500watts/50% for 10 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked through. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- While the chicken is resting, spoon the laksa paste into a large 3L (12-cup) capacity heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Cook, uncovered, on High/800watts/100% for 1 minute. Stir in the coconut milk and the remaining chicken stock. Cover with a lid or a double layer of plastic wrap and cook on High/800watts/100% for 6 minutes or until the soup just comes to the boil.
- Place the vermicelli noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 5 minutes to soak. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, shred the poached chicken and add it to the soup with the snow peas. Cover and cook on High/800watts/100% for 2 minutes.
- Add the bean sprouts and baby spinach leaves and cook, uncovered, on High/800watts/100% for 1 minute.
- Divide the noodles evenly among serving bowls. Ladle the hot soup over the noodles and sprinkle with palm sugar. Serve with lime wedges. l
Nutritions of Chicken laksafatContent: 617.098 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 58 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 15 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 35 grams protein
sodiumContent: 74 milligrams cholesterol