These tasty chicken filled filo pastries make excellent party food.
The ingredient of Chicken bstilla
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300g (2 small) chicken breast fillets
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Pinch of saffron
- 1 cup (250ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped coriander
- 6 sheets filo pastry
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- Icing sugar, to dust
The instruction how to make Chicken bstilla
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C. Grease a 24-hole mini muffin pan.
- Heat oil in a frypan over low heat, add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Increase the heat to high, add the chicken, garlic, cinnamon, ginger, saffron and stock, and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium, cover and poach chicken for 15 minutes, turning once or twice, until cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the cooking liquid and set aside, then boil liquid until it has reduced to 1/4 cup (125ml). Reduce the heat to low, add the eggs and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Shred the chicken and add to the sauce with the almonds, sultanas and coriander, then season and cool.
- Lay a sheet of filo on the workbench and brush with melted butter. Repeat with another sheet, laying it on top. Repeat with a third sheet, then cut pastry into 12 squares and use to line half the muffin holes, leaving edges overhanging. Repeat with remaining sheets to line remaining muffin holes.
- Fill centre of each pastry lining with cooled chicken mixture. Fold in sides of pastry to enclose filling and brush tops with remaining butter. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Cool slightly and serve warm, dusted with icing sugar.
Nutritions of Chicken bstillafatContent: