Wombok adds nutrients, texture and subtle sweetness to the soup.
The ingredient of Chicken nabe
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 700g chicken breast fillets
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 carrots, peeled, sliced lengthways, chopped
- 1/2 wombok (Chinese cabbage), trimmed, thinly shredded
- 75g (1/4 cup) white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons cooking sake
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 green shallots, trimmed, sliced
- Rice, steamed, to serve (optional)
The instruction how to make Chicken nabe
- Heat the oil in a large deep-sided frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken for 7 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover and set aside to rest. Shred.
- Add the chicken stock and carrot to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the cabbage and simmer for a further 4 minutes. Combine the miso, cooking sake, soy sauce and sugar in a bowl. Add a little of the liquid from the saucepan to the bowl and stir to combine. Add the miso mixture to the saucepan and stir gently, without boiling, to dissolve the miso.
- Divide the soup among bowls and top with the chicken. Sprinkle with the green shallots. Serve with steamed rice, if using.
Nutritions of Chicken nabefatContent: 337.707 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 13 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 45 grams protein