Serve this Indian-style tandoori chicken for a family-pleasing meal.
The ingredient of Tandoori chicken
- 1 cup plain yoghurt (thick)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Masterfoods Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, trimmed
- Brown rice, cooked, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Tandoori chicken
- Combine yoghurt, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, oil, spices and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large ceramic bowl. Cut 2 slits in top of each chicken thigh, making sure not to cut all the way through. Add chicken to yoghurt mixture and turn to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Grease and line a large baking dish. Place chicken in dish and roast for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with rice and lemon.
Nutritions of Tandoori chickenfatContent: 315.48 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 4 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 37 grams protein
sodiumContent: 152 milligrams cholesterol