Come in from the cold and warm up with this one pot chicken wonder!
The ingredient of Chicken gumbo
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 skinless chicken thigh cutlets
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 Massel chicken style stock cubes
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 150g okra, halved (see note)
- 1 cup white rice
- Salt, to season
The instruction how to make Chicken gumbo
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in 2 batches, for 3 minutes each side or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in pan. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Return chicken to pan. Add 3 cups warm water, crumbled stock cube, thyme and tomatoes. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- Increase heat to medium. Stir in okra and rice. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until okra and rice are tender. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken gumbofatContent: 644.105 calories
saturatedFatContent: 29 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 45 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 49 grams protein
sodiumContent: 198 milligrams cholesterol