Not only are these Persian-style rice bowls delicious, but you can freeze the cooled rice mixture and chicken separately in airtight containers for up to 2 months! Simply thaw overnight in the fridge, and add the fresh ingredients before serving.
The ingredient of Persian-style chicken and rice salad recipe
- 1 cup (200g) black rice
- 2 oranges, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1/2 cup (80g) currants
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup (50g) baby capers, drained
- 1/2 cup (40g) flaked almonds, toasted
- 1 Coles RSPCA Approved Hot Roast Chicken, skin and bones removed
- 250g baby cucumbers, thinly sliced crossways
- 1 tbs pistachio dukkah
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup (140g) Greek-style yoghurt
The instruction how to make Persian-style chicken and rice salad recipe
- Place the rice, orange rind, orange juice and 1u00bd cups (375ml) water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, for 30 mins or until rice is tender. Set aside, covered, for 10 mins to steam.
- Place the rice, currants, chickpeas, capers and almond in a large bowl. Season. Toss to combine. Coarsely shred the chicken.
- Add the chicken, cucumber, dukkah and oil to the rice mixture in the bowl. Toss to combine. Serve with yoghurt.
Nutritions of Persian-style chicken and rice salad recipefatContent: