The ingredient of Satay chicken with steamed vegetables
- 6 (about 750g) chicken thigh fillets, halved, fat trimmed
- 1 250ml can mild satay sauce (Ayam brand)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, diagonally thinly sliced
- 200g green beans, topped, tailed
- 80g (1 cup) bean sprouts, trimmed
- Boiling water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
The instruction how to make Satay chicken with steamed vegetables
- Place the chicken into a shallow dish and stir in 160mls (2/3 cup) of the satay sauce. Mix until chicken is well coated. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat a chargrill or frying pan on medium-high. Brush the chargrill or frying pan with the oil. Cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, steam the carrots and beans over a saucepan of boiling water for 4-5 minutes or until just tender crisp (see microwave tip). Place the bean sprouts into a small heat-resistant bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover. Leave for 1 minute then drain. Combine the remaining satay sauce and lemon juice in a small saucepan, stir over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Serve the chicken and vegetables topped with satay sauce.
Nutritions of Satay chicken with steamed vegetablesfatContent: