Packed with all your favourite gourmet ingredients it makes for a fresh take on the everyday chicken sandwich
The ingredient of Gourmet chicken sandwich
- 6 (about 800g) desiree potatoes, unpeeled, cut into wedges
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 small (about 170g each) single chicken breast fillets
- 2 x 300g bought garlic focaccia, halved, split
- 80g baby rocket leaves
- 2 ripe vine-ripened tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, stones removed, peeled, thinly sliced
- 200g bought marinated chargrilled red capsicum, drained on paper towel
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 x 100g ctn aioli (Neil Perry Fresh brand)
The instruction how to make Gourmet chicken sandwich
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the potato in a large bowl. Drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange the potato wedges, in a single layer, on the prepared tray. Cook in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, preheat a barbecue or chargrill on high. Place chicken between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and use flat side of a meat mallet or rolling pin to pound until 5mm thick. Brush with remaining oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce temperature of barbecue or chargrill to medium. Add the focaccia and cook for 1-2 minutes each side or until toasted. Transfer to a plate. Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Place the focaccia bases on serving plates. Top with rocket leaves, tomato, avocado, capsicum, chicken and prosciutto. Drizzle with aioli and top with the remaining focaccia. Serve immediately with potato wedges.
Nutritions of Gourmet chicken sandwichfatContent: 1265.744 calories
saturatedFatContent: 65 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 12 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 97 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 67 grams protein