Spicy chermoula dressing makes this salad a star attraction.
The ingredient of Chicken Salad with Chermoula Dressing
- 2 lemons
- 100mls (5 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small fresh red chilli, deseeded if desired
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Continental parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 single chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 2 300g cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 250g (1 punnet) cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bunch rocket, washed
The instruction how to make Chicken Salad with Chermoula Dressing
- To make the chermoula dressing, freely grate the rind of 1 lemon and then juice both the lemons. Place the lemon rind, half the lemon juice, 60mls (3 tablespoons) of the olive oil, cumin, chilli, parsley and mint into the bowl of a food processor and process until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in a glass or ceramic dish and pour half the chermoula dressing over. Turn the chicken to coat with the dressing, cover and place in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes, or longer if time permits.
- Combine the remaining chermoula dressing with 2 tablespoons of the remaining lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of the remaining olive oil.
- Brush a chargrill or barbecue with the remaining olive oil and heat on medium-high. Remove the chicken from the dressing and discard the dressing. Cook the chicken on the chargrill or barbecue for 3-4 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and place in the fridge for 15 minutes or until cool.
- Cut the chicken across the grain into 1.5cm-thick slices. Place the chicken, chickpeas, cherry tomatoes and rocket in a bowl. Pour over half the reserved chermoula dressing and toss lightly to combine. Arrange the salad on plates and serve with the remaining dressing.
Nutritions of Chicken Salad with Chermoula DressingfatContent: