Mangoes taste great on their own, but add them to a chicken salad and youve made the perfect meal for a relaxed Friday night.
The ingredient of Chicken and mango salad
- 4 (about 120g each) chicken breasts, fat and sinew trimmed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 60ml (1/4 cup) rice vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, thinly shredded
- 1 small red chilli, seeded, sliced
- 2 mangoes, peeled
- 200ml light olive oil
- 1 telegraph cucumber, very thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 cups snow pea shoots*
- 75g fresh coriander leaves
- 6 shallots (spring onions), finely sliced
The instruction how to make Chicken and mango salad
- Season the chicken breasts, then place them in a steamer for 7-8 minutes. (Check they are ready by inserting a skewer into the thickest part; the juices should run clear.)
- Shred chicken and place in a bowl.
- Place the ginger, garlic, rice vinegar, lime juice, sugar, kaffir lime leaves and chilli in a bowl, add the chicken and stir to coat. Set aside for one hour to marinate.
- Place the flesh from one of the mangoes in a food processor and puree, then add the oil and process until smooth. Thinly slice flesh from the remaining mango and set aside. Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade, and return to the bowl with cucumber, snow pea shoots, mango slices, coriander and shallots.
- Stir mango puree into the reserved marinade and drizzle over the salad.
Nutritions of Chicken and mango saladfatContent: 642.671 calories
saturatedFatContent: 48 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 20 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 18 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 30 grams protein
sodiumContent: 71 milligrams cholesterol