Try this addictive combination of tangy tomato pilaf and char-grilled chicken for your next family dinner.
The ingredient of Chicken with tomato pilaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 1/4 cups white long-grain rice, rinsed
- 3/4 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 4 (800g) skinless chicken thigh fillets
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
The instruction how to make Chicken with tomato pilaf
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, and salt and pepper to saucepan. Stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Simmer for 10 minutes or until tomatoes are very soft.
- Add rice and stock. Stir to combine. Cover. Simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed. Stir through olives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, preheat a chargrill on medium-high heat. Spray chicken with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Chargrill chicken for 4 to 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Remove to a plate. Cover with foil. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Slice chicken. Spoon pilaf into bowls. Top with chicken. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken with tomato pilaffatContent: 613.752 calories
saturatedFatContent: 23 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 57 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 5 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 41 grams protein
sodiumContent: 158 milligrams cholesterol