With a generous splash of brandy or port, this chicken liver pate is a winner.
The ingredient of Chicken liver pate
- 3 eggs
- 375g butter
- 4 brown onions, quartered
- 500g chicken livers
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs (like parsley, thyme and rosemary)
- 2 tablespoons brandy or port
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Toast rounds or crackers, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken liver pate
- Place eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to the boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium immediately and gently boil, stirring the water occasionally, for 7 minutes. Remove eggs from saucepan with a slotted spoon and cool. Peel and quarter.
- Meanwhile melt butter in a large frying pan and cook onions for 5 minutes or until tender. Add chicken livers and garlic and cook for 10 minutes or until livers are cooked through and firm. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Place chicken liver mixture into the bowl of a food processor. Add the herbs, eggs, port and pepper to taste and process until smooth. Spoon mixture into a 5-cup capacity serving dish, cover and place in fridge for 2 hours or until cold and firm. Store with the surface covered with plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 3 days. Serve with the toast rounds or fresh crusty bread.
Nutritions of Chicken liver patefatContent: 328.386 calories
saturatedFatContent: 29 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 18 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 2 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 2 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 13 grams protein