Feed a crowd with this sticky Portuguese-inspired roast chicken served with crispy potatoes and caramelised onion.
The ingredient of Portuguese chicken
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon oregano, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2kg Coles Australian RSPCA Approved Extra Large Whole Chicken, cut into portions
- 1kg baby Red Royale potatoes, halved
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
The instruction how to make Portuguese chicken
- Combine the garlic, chilli, vinegar, oil, sugar, paprika, oregano and salt in a bowl. Add the chicken and toss to combine. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 2 hours to marinate.
- Preheat oven to 200C. Place chicken in a roasting pan. Arrange potato and onion around chicken. Cook, turning occasionally, for 1 hour or until cooked through.
Nutritions of Portuguese chickenfatContent: 507.636 calories
saturatedFatContent: 27 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 8 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 23 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 38 grams protein