This traditional Spanish favourite is the ultimate in comfort food and best of all, one pan means much less cleaning up.
The ingredient of Chicken paella
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 200g chorizo sausages, sliced
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1.4kg chicken pieces, trimmed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 cup frozen peas
The instruction how to make Chicken paella
- Place saffron in a small bowl. Add boiling water and set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a paella pan or a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, onion and garlic to pan. Cook for 2 minutes or until soft. Add chicken. Cook, turning often, for 5 to 6 minutes or until golden. Add wine and 1/2 cup stock. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, turning occasionally, over medium-low heat for 10 minutes or until almost all liquid has evaporated.
- Add rice, saffron mixture, tomatoes, paprika and 1 1/2 cups stock. Return to simmer and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally to prevent mixture from catching on bottom of pan, for 15 minutes or until almost all liquid is absorbed.
- Add peas, chorizo and remaining 1/2 cup stock. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until stock is just absorbed. Season with salt and pepper. Serve paella at the table from the pan.
Nutritions of Chicken paellafatContent: