Panzanella is an Italian bread salad. It is a delicious side dish or main for the summer months.
The ingredient of Chicken panzanella
- 5 (about 750g) ripe tomatoes, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 barbecued chicken, skin and bones removed, meat coarsely shredded
- 1/2 loaf (about 250g) day-old Italian-style bread, cut into 1cm pieces
- 220g chargrilled capsicum, cut into 5mm-thick strips
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 95g (1/2 cup) kalamata olives, pitted
- 6 drained anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
The instruction how to make Chicken panzanella
- Combine the tomatoes and salt in a medium bowl. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes to let the salt draw the excess liquid from the tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, place the chicken, bread, capsicum, basil, olives, anchovies and caper in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Drain tomatoes, reserving the juices. Add tomatoes to bread mixture and toss to combine. Taste and season with salt (if needed) and pepper.
- Place the oil, vinegar, garlic and 2 tablespoons of the reserved tomato juices in a small jug. Whisk to combine. Add to the panzanella and toss to combine. Set aside for 30 minutes to develop the flavours.
Nutritions of Chicken panzanellafatContent: 400.325 calories
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 19 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 40 grams protein
sodiumContent: 119 milligrams cholesterol