*Disclaimer: This recipe is a member recipe. It has not been tested by the taste.com.au team.
The ingredient of Best Ever chicken lasagne
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1/2 Continental Vegetable Stock Pot Gel
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 6 short-cut bacon rashers, finely diced
- 8-10 chicken thigh fillets
- 2 celery sticks, finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 2 potatoes, finely diced
- 1 litre Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 600ml Napoletana pasta sauce (Cherry tomato gives a burst of sweetness)
- 1 tablespoon tapioca
- Fresh lasagne sheets
- 1 cup colby cheese, grated
- Sweet paprika, to taste
- 20g butter
- 60g plain flour
- 60g chickpea flour
- 120ml full cream milk
- White pepper, to taste
The instruction how to make Best Ever chicken lasagne
- Cook sliced leek with butter and 1/2 Stock Pot Gel over med-low heat.
- At the same time, but in a separate pan, cook onion and bacon. Once cooked combine leek mixture with bacon mixture and set aside.
- Add more butter to the pan and brown the chicken on all sides.
- Place chicken, leek and bacon mixture and finely diced vegetables to a Pressure Cooker. Pour in the chicken stock and Napoli.
- Cook on High Pressure for 12 minutes.
- When finished release steam, remove lid and add Tapioca to thicken. Turn off heat and allow the chicken mixture to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Meanwhile make the white sauce: Melt butter in pot. Add in flours and stir to thicken. Slowly add in milk, stirring the whole time to avoid lumps. Add a sprinkle of white pepper.
- Put a layer of chicken mix in a baking dish. Place the lasagne sheets on top. Pour over more of the chicken mix and another layer of lasagne sheets.
- Ladle the white sauce over the top layer.
- Sprinkle the grated Colby over the top.
- Add a sprinkle of Sweet Hungarian Paprika to taste.
- Cook for 45 minutes until lasagne is cooked and cheese is golden and bubbling.
Nutritions of Best Ever chicken lasagnefatContent: