How do you improve mac and cheese? Add chicken.
The ingredient of Chicken mac and cheese
- 300g dried rigatoni pasta
- 400g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 4 cooked chicken thighs, cut into 2cm pieces
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup grated pizza cheese
- 50g butter
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
The instruction how to make Chicken mac and cheese
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, adding broccoli for last 3 minutes of cooking, or until tender. Drain. Return pasta and broccoli to pan.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened.
- Make bechamel sauce: Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, with a wooden spoon, for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture bubbles. Gradually stir in milk.
- Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add bechamel sauce and mustard to the onion mixture. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1 minute. Add chicken, peas and half the cheese. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Add chicken mixture to pasta and broccoli. Toss gently to combine.
- Spoon pasta mixture into a 6cm deep, 8-cup capacity ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken mac and cheesefatContent: 840.324 calories
saturatedFatContent: 38.1 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 16.7 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 64.8 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 55.3 grams protein
sodiumContent: 184 milligrams cholesterol