Try this chicken version of traditional paella for a complete family meal in one dish.
The ingredient of Easy chicken paella
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (125g each) chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked sweet paprika
- 1 medium red capsicum, chopped
- 2 cups white medium-grain rice
- 3 cups Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Easy chicken paella
- Place saffron threads in a bowl. Add boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Cook chicken and onion for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden.
- Add paprika, capsicum and rice. Stir to coat. Add saffron mixture and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 18 minutes or until rice is just tender. Add peas and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Easy chicken paellafatContent: 643.388 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14.6 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3.6 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 89 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 36.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 109 milligrams cholesterol