Weve given classic fritters a butter chicken makeover, and its guaranteed to be a new family favourite.
The ingredient of Butter chicken fritters
- 1 small barbecued chicken
- 50g butter
- 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour, plus extra, to dust
- 175g packet butter chicken recipe base
- 250g microwave coconut basmati rice
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- Vegetable oil, to deep-fry
- Naan bread, warmed, to serve
- Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- Mango chutney, to serve
The instruction how to make Butter chicken fritters
- Remove the skin and meat from the chicken. Discard the bones. Finely chop the skin and meat (you will need 500g chopped chicken). Transfer to a bowl. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan over medium high heat until foaming. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Sprinkle over the flour and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until well combined. Stir through the butter chicken sauce and 80ml (1/3 cup) water. Stir for 1 minute or until the liquid thickens.
- Cook the rice following packet directions. Add the rice and half of the coriander to the pan and stir to combine. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and place in the fridge for 3 hours or until chilled.
- Use about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture and roll into balls. Gently flatten into patty shapes and place on the prepared tray. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Pour oil into a large frying pan to come about 1cm up the side. Heat over medium-high heat. Lightly coat the fritters in the extra flour, then cook, in batches, for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and crisp.
- Serve with warm naan bread, yoghurt and mango chutney. Sprinkle with remaining coriander.
Nutritions of Butter chicken frittersfatContent: