Get out the chopsticks and dive into a bowl of slippery noodles and spicy chicken topped with crunchy peanuts.
The ingredient of Chilli chicken with peanuts and vermicelli
- 600g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 200g rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 tablespoons chilli bean sauce (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons shao hsing Chinese
- cooking wine (see notes)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light soy sauce (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/3 cup unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped sliced green onions, to serve
The instruction how to make Chilli chicken with peanuts and vermicelli
- Place chicken in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Remove pan from heat. Stand for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to a chopping board and shred.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and stand for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Combine chilli bean sauce, oyster sauce, cooking wine and soy sauce in a jug.
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add oil and ginger. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add chicken and sauce mixture. Toss to coat. Add stock and cook for 2 minutes. Add noodles and 1/4 cup peanuts. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until heated through. Spoon into bowls. Sprinkle with green onions and remaining peanuts. Serve.
Nutritions of Chilli chicken with peanuts and vermicellifatContent: 498.076 calories
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 47 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 39 grams protein
sodiumContent: 88 milligrams cholesterol