Throw this low-fat pasta dish together for a quick, healthy, no-fuss meal.
The ingredient of Eggplant, chicken and tomato fettuccine
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large (about 300g) eggplant, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons mild chilli spice blend
- 2 teaspoons Gourmet Garden Garlic Blend
- 800g can Val Verde diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (40g) Always Fresh pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden Basil Blend
- Pinch sugar
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 400g chicken breast fillets, excess fat trimmed
- 500g fresh fettuccine
The instruction how to make Eggplant, chicken and tomato fettuccine
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large non-stick saucepan over a medium heat. Add the eggplant, onion and 1 tablespoon water, cover and cook, stirring often, for 6-7 minutes or until soft. Stir in the chilli and garlic and cook, for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, olives and 1/4 cup (60ml) water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, stirring often, for 15-20 minutes or until thickens slightly. Stir in the basil and sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside for 5 minutes. Diagonally slice.
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet instructions or until al dente. Drain and return to the pan. Add the tomato sauce and chicken. Toss well to combine. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Eggplant, chicken and tomato fettuccinefatContent: 604.67 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 83 grams carbohydrates