Prepare a roast chicken dinner that will impress even the harshest critics. This version is served with a creamy tarragon sauce.
The ingredient of Lemon and tarragon roasted chicken
- 1.8kg organic free-range chicken
- 1 lemon
- 4 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 1 bunch large Dutch carrots, trimmed, peeled
- 4 small parsnips, trimmed, peeled, cut in half lengthways
- 4 small leeks, trimmed
- 1kg small chat potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, finely chopped
- 125g butter, melted
The instruction how to make Lemon and tarragon roasted chicken
- Preheat the oven to 200u00b0C. Rinse the chicken inside and out with cold water and pat dry with paper towel. Using your fingers, gently loosen the skin from the breast to form a pocket. Thinly slice half the lemon. Place 2 tarragon sprigs and 3-4 slices of lemon under the skin on each side of the chicken breast. Season well with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt flakes. Put the remaining lemon half and tarragon sprigs into the chicken cavity. Tie the legs together with kitchen twine and tuck the wings underneath the chicken.
- Place the vegetables in a large roasting pan. Add the oil and toss until well coated. Place a wire rack above the vegetables and put the chicken on top. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until cooked through. To check if the chicken is cooked, pierce the thickest part of the thigh with a skewer and if the juices run clear, the chicken is ready.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Place the egg yolks, lemon juice and tarragon into a food processor. Process for 30 seconds or until combined. With the motor running, slowly add the warm melted butter until a thick, creamy sauce forms.
- Serve the chicken with the roasted vegetables and sauce.
Nutritions of Lemon and tarragon roasted chickenfatContent: 1095.576 calories
saturatedFatContent: 73 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 29 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 40 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 65 grams protein
sodiumContent: 352 milligrams cholesterol