Make a big batch of this minestrone to freeze for a rainy day.
The ingredient of Chicken minestrone soup
- 20g butter
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large carrot, peeled, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 slices pancetta, chopped
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 zucchini, halved, sliced
- 1 quantity chicken stock with chopped chicken (see related recipe)
- 1/3 cup dried risoni pasta
- Basil pesto, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken minestrone soup
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery and pancetta. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until onion has softened. Add tomato, zucchini, 2 litres stock and 2 cups cold water. Bring to the boil.
- Add pasta and 4 cups chopped chicken. Reduce heat to low . Simmer for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with a dollop of pesto.
Nutritions of Chicken minestrone soupfatContent: 337.946 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15.8 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 19 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 27.9 grams protein
sodiumContent: 97 milligrams cholesterol