To capture tender moisture in the chicken, initially brown the meat before baking it with remaining ingredients.
The ingredient of Mediterranean chicken bake
- 4 (about 1kg) chicken marylands
- 200g baby coliban (chat) potatoes
- 1 brown onion, cut into wedges
- 2 red capsicums, halved, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (85g) pimento stuffed green olives
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 400g can Heinz Big red tomato soup
- 1 cup (250ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup oregano sprigs
- Rocket leaves, to serve
- Shaved parmesan, to serve
The instruction how to make Mediterranean chicken bake
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Heat a large flameproof roasting pan over high heat. Add half the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until brown all over. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add the potato to the pan and cook turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to the bowl. Add the onion, capsicum and garlic to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until onion softens. Return the chicken and potatoes to the pan. Add the wine and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Add the Heinz Big Red tomato soup, chicken stock and olives and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake in preheated oven, turning occasionally, for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with rocket leaves and parmesan, if desired.
Nutritions of Mediterranean chicken bakefatContent: 304.008 calories
saturatedFatContent: 10 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 16 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 32 grams protein
sodiumContent: 127 milligrams cholesterol