With a spicy Asian-style marinade, these chicken skewers pack a punch of flavour.
The ingredient of Coriander and ginger chicken sticks
- 1kg chicken breast fillets, halved lengthways, cut across grain into 2cm-wide strips
- 60mls (1/4 cup) coconut cream
- Salt, to taste
- Cooked long-grain rice, to serve
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 2 lemon grass stems, pale section only, chopped
- 3 fresh green chillies, halved, deseeded
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups (loosely packed) fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
The instruction how to make Coriander and ginger chicken sticks
- To make the marinade, place the onion, lemon grass, chillies, ginger, garlic, coriander and fish sauce in the bowl of a food processor. Process until finely chopped, scraping down the sides of the bowl when necessary.
- With the motor running, gradually add the oil to form a smooth paste.
- Transfer 1/2 the paste to a medium glass or ceramic bowl. Add the chicken and mix until well coated. Cover and place in fridge for at least 30 minutes to marinate.
- Add coconut cream to remaining marinade to make a sauce. Season with salt, cover and set aside.
- Preheat a greased barbecue grill, chargrill or grill on medium-high. Thread the chicken pieces onto 16 skewers. Cook on preheated barbecue or chargrill or under grill, turning once during cooking, for 8-10 minutes or until just cooked through. Serve immediately with the cooked rice and green beans and drizzled with the coconut sauce.
Nutritions of Coriander and ginger chicken sticksfatContent: 397.457 calories
saturatedFatContent: 16 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 4 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 57 grams protein
sodiumContent: 148 milligrams cholesterol