This quick and easy dinner idea includes chicken breast and an assortment of healthy vegetables.
The ingredient of Chicken pad kee mao
- 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs grated ginger
- 2 long red chillies, seeds removed, finely shredded
- 4 spring onions, white part finely chopped, green part shredded
- 1 bunch Chinese broccoli (gai lan), stems and leaves separated
- 100g whole baby corn, halved lengthways
- 500g fresh thick rice noodles
- 2 tbs dark soy sauce
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tbs fish sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
The instruction how to make Chicken pad kee mao
- Combine the chicken and sesame oil and season. Preheat a wok or large frypan over high heat.
- Add 1 tbs peanut oil to the wok and stir-fry the chicken for 4 minutes or until golden. Remove chicken and set aside. Add the remaining 1 tbs peanut oil to the wok and stir-fry the garlic, ginger, chilli and chopped spring onion for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Return the chicken to the wok with the broccoli stems and corn, then stir-fry for a further 2 minutes. Add the noodles and toss to combine with the chicken and vegetables.
- Add the soy and oyster sauces, sugar, 1/4 cup (60ml) water and broccoli leaves, then stir-fry for a further 1 minute or until leaves are wilted and the chicken is coated in the sauce. Divide among 4 bowls and serve topped with shredded spring onion and extra chilli.
Nutritions of Chicken pad kee maofatContent: 538.945 calories
saturatedFatContent: 16 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2.2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 47 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4.9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 53 grams protein
sodiumContent: 107 milligrams cholesterol