In this low-GI recipe, Jill Dupleix roasts the cauliflower with the chicken. Roasting is a much lighter way to enjoy the nuttiness of cauliflower than the usual cheese sauce; it seems to intensify the flavour, too.
The ingredient of Roast chicken with cauliflower and tahini
- 500g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped , plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 4 x 170g chicken breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/3 cup (95g) low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (pimenton)
- 2 tablespoons blanched almonds, toasted, chopped
The instruction how to make Roast chicken with cauliflower and tahini
- Preheat the oven to 200u00b0C. Toss the cauliflower with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, then season. Place on a baking tray and roast, turning occasionally, for 40 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Meanwhile, mix chopped herbs and cumin with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil and 2 tablespoons lemon juice, then toss with the chicken. Transfer to a separate baking tray and place in the oven for the final 20 minutes of the cauliflower cooking time.
- Stir tahini and yoghurt with remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- To serve, thickly slice chicken and arrange on plates with the cauliflower. Dollop over the tahini yoghurt and dust with paprika. Serve scattered with almonds and mint.
Nutritions of Roast chicken with cauliflower and tahinifatContent: 436.892 calories
saturatedFatContent: 25.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 1.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 5.6 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 45.1 grams protein
sodiumContent: 100 milligrams cholesterol