Create warm comforting meals this winter with this saucy chicken on a bed of fluffy couscous - delicious!
The ingredient of Chicken with olives and tomatoes
- 1.5kg whole chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
The instruction how to make Chicken with olives and tomatoes
- Cut 1.5kg whole chicken into 10 pieces. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add to pan in 2-3 batches and cook until well browned. Remove from pan.
- Add 1 brown onion, sliced and 1 teaspoon salt to pan over medium-low heat. Cook for 10 mins. Add 1 green capsicum, chopped, and cook for 3 mins. Return chicken to the pan with 800g can diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup Kalamata olives and 1/2 cup chicken stock. Cover and bring to a simmer. Simmer, partially covered, for 20-30 mins. Season.
- Combine 1 lemon, rind finely grated, 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley and 1 garlic clove, crushed. Sprinkle over chicken. Serve with couscous.
Nutritions of Chicken with olives and tomatoesfatContent: 408.929 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 9 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 54 grams protein
sodiumContent: 176 milligrams cholesterol