Just a few simple ingredients are needed to create these low-kilojoule chicken satay skewers.
The ingredient of Chicken satay skewers
- 270ml can light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Trident sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 8 (600g) chicken tenderloins, trimmed
- White long-grain 90-second rice, to serve
- Steamed vegetables, to serve
The instruction how to make Chicken satay skewers
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C/180u00b0C fan-forced. Place coconut milk, peanut butter, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high (100%) for 1 minute 30 seconds. Stir. Microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds or until mixture is smooth. Transfer three-quarters of the mixture to a heatproof jug. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Thread chicken onto skewers. Place skewers on a baking tray lined with foil. Brush with coconut milk mixture. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn skewers. Brush with coconut mixture. Bake for 15 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Serve skewers with remaining coconut milk mixture, rice and vegetables.
Nutritions of Chicken satay skewersfatContent: 474.893 calories
saturatedFatContent: 20.9 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 6.9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 28.7 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 42.2 grams protein
sodiumContent: 120 milligrams cholesterol