This fragrant rice dish is cooked all in one pot allowing the flavours of all the ingredients to infuse the rice.
The ingredient of Spicy chicken pilaf
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium red capsicum, chopped
- 1/3 cup currants
- 1 1/2 cups white long-grain rice
- 1 1/2 cups Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1/3 cup flaked almonds, toasted
- Fresh coriander leaves and
- Lemon wedges, to serve
The instruction how to make Spicy chicken pilaf
- Place chicken in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add garam masala. Toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add chicken. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned.
- Add garlic, capsicum and currants. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until capsicum has softened slightly. Add rice.
- Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add stock and 1 1/2 cups cold water. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Stand, covered, for 10 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with almonds and coriander. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritions of Spicy chicken pilaffatContent: 715.088 calories
saturatedFatContent: 24.2 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5.1 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 79.3 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 43.2 grams protein
sodiumContent: 154 milligrams cholesterol