Served with salsa, this succulent dish is created by tenderising chicken pieces with lemon juice.
The ingredient of Roast chicken with tasty salsa
- 2 x 1.2 kg whole fresh chickens
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 small white onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Parsley, chopped, to serve
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
The instruction how to make Roast chicken with tasty salsa
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan. Wash and dry the chickens then place in a large roasting dish. Cut the lemon into quarters and roughly squeeze juice over chickens. Place the quartered lemons into the chicken cavities. Rub oil over chicken skin and sprinkle with paprika. Roast for 1 hr 15 mins until golden brown and cooked through. Cool then refrigerate until needed.
- Salsa: Cut tomatoes in half and remove seeds. Dice the flesh and combine in a bowl with onion, garlic, lemon juice and oil. Sprinkle in Tabasco sauce to taste and season with salt. Stir through the parsley. Stand salsa at room temperature for 1 hr which will allow the flavours to develop.
- Cut chickens into serving pieces, arrange on a platter with lemon wedges and sprinkle over parsley. Serve with salsa on the side.
Nutritions of Roast chicken with tasty salsafatContent: