Chorizo and Cajun spiced chicken give this tasty winter soup a southern-style twist.
The ingredient of Southern-style chicken soup
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 (130g) chorizo, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 cups (1.5L) salt-reduced Massel Organic Liquid Chicken Style Stock
- 2 Coles RSPCA Approved Chicken Breast Fillets, halved horizontally
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
The instruction how to make Southern-style chicken soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add chorizo and onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until lightly browned. Add celery, Cajun seasoning and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant.
- Add stock, chicken, tomato and chickpeas. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 mins or until chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to a chopping board. Simmer soup, uncovered, for a further 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, use two forks to shred the chicken. Cover to keep warm.
- Return the chicken to the soup just before serving. Stir in parsley to serve.
Nutritions of Southern-style chicken soupfatContent: