These crunchy chicken croquettes are equally at home as part of an elegant starter plate or as snacks for the kids after-school.
The ingredient of Chicken and vegetable croquettes
- 30g butter
- 1 small carrot, peeled, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 125g can corn kernels, drained
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken (see note)
- 1 quantity panada (see related recipe)
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
The instruction how to make Chicken and vegetable croquettes
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add carrot and celery. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add green onions and corn. Cook for 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add parsley, chicken and warm panada to carrot mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled.
- Lightly coat hands in flour. Using 1/4 cup of mixture at a time, shape mixture into sausage shapes.
- Combine breadcrumbs and sesame seeds in a shallow dish. Coat croquettes, 1 at a time, in flour. Dip in egg, then roll in breadcrumb mixture, pressing on firmly to coat. Place on a tray. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until firm. Preheat oven to 160u00b0C.
- Pour oil into a large, heavy-based saucepan or wok until one-third full. Heat over medium heat until hot. Cook croquettes, 4 at a time, for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack over a baking tray. Keep warm in the oven while cooking remaining croquettes. Sprinkle with sea salt and serve.
Nutritions of Chicken and vegetable croquettesfatContent: