Cooked in the slow cooker, this chicken and corn soup has a delicious Mexican twist.
The ingredient of Mexican chicken and corn soup
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1.5L (6 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 3 teaspoons chipotle in adobo sauce
- 4 corncobs, husks and silk removed
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 85g (1/3 cup) sour cream
- Hot chilli sauce, to drizzle
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Blue corn chips, to serve
The instruction how to make Mexican chicken and corn soup
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a 6L slow cooker. Add the onion to the frying pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft and lightly golden. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the stock to the slow cooker, then stir in the chipotle. Add the corncobs. Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours.
- Use tongs to transfer the corncobs and chicken thighs to a chopping board. Set aside to cool slightly. Use a small sharp knife to cut the corn kernels from the cobs. Coarsely chop the chicken. Return corn kernels and chicken to the soup. Add the black beans and stir to combine. Cover and cook on High for 30 minutes or until the soup is heated through.
- Stir in the lime juice. Ladle the soup into serving bowls and top with sour cream, chilli sauce, green shallot and coriander. Serve with lime wedges and corn chips.
Nutritions of Mexican chicken and corn soupfatContent: 608.255 calories
saturatedFatContent: 26 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 10 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 43 grams carbohydrates
cholesterolContent: 42 grams protein