Overindulge over Easter? Get back on track with this low in fat but not low in taste chicken salad.
The ingredient of Warm lemon chicken salad
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine (see note)
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 650g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 100g packet baby Asian greens
- 1 cup beansprouts, trimmed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, cut into long thin sticks
The instruction how to make Warm lemon chicken salad
- Combine 1/3 cup lemon juice, rice wine, soy sauce and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until marinade comes to the boil. Set aside to cool.
- Place chicken in a large, shallow ceramic dish. Pour half the marinade over chicken. Turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour, if time permits. Set aside remaining marinade.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Lightly coat chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Heat oil a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 4 minutes each side or until almost cooked through. Reduce heat to low. Combine reserved marinade and 2 tablespoons cold water. Pour over chicken. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce is thick and chicken cooked through. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Make salad Combine ingredients in a bowl. Divide salad between plates. Thickly slice chicken and place on salad. Spoon over sauce. Serve.
Nutritions of Warm lemon chicken saladfatContent: 387.419 calories
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 2 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 28 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 14 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 40 grams protein
sodiumContent: 96 milligrams cholesterol