This warming winter dish is inspired by the wine-enriched stews of France.
The ingredient of Chicken, bacon and mushroom stew
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 700g chicken thigh fillets, excess fat trimmed, quartered
- 3 bacon rashers, rind removed, coarsely chopped
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 250ml (1 cup) white wine
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 300g dried risoni pasta
- 230g (1 1/2 cups) frozen peas
- 10g butter
The instruction how to make Chicken, bacon and mushroom stew
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the bacon, mushroom and garlic to the pan. Cook for 3 minutes or until the mushroom is tender. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually add the stock and wine. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Add chicken and thyme, and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Stir in half the parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the risoni in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Add the peas in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain. Return to the pan. Stir in the butter and remaining parsley.
- Divide risoni mixture among serving plates. Top with chicken mixture. Serve.
Nutritions of Chicken, bacon and mushroom stewfatContent: 789.417 calories
saturatedFatContent: 29 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 9 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 70 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 4 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 54 grams protein
sodiumContent: 168 milligrams cholesterol