Recreate authentic Asian cuisine at home with this quick and easy chicken soup.
The ingredient of Asian-style chicken soup
- 4 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 small red chillies, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into short, thin sticks
- 100g fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 150g snow peas, shredded lengthways
- 1 barbecued chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded
- 1/2 Chinese cabbage, finely shredded (see note)
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
The instruction how to make Asian-style chicken soup
- Combine stock, 2 cups water, soy sauce and chillies in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer.
- Add carrots, mushrooms, snow peas and chicken to pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 minutes. Add cabbage and cook for 1 minute or until cabbage wilts.
- Stir half the coriander into soup. Divide soup between bowls. Top with remaining coriander and serve.
Nutritions of Asian-style chicken soupfatContent: 447.647 calories
saturatedFatContent: 11 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 10 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 74 grams protein