Lemons and chicken are a perfect pairing. This zesty chicken looks as beautiful as it tastes.
The ingredient of Lemon roast chicken
- 10 (750g) kipfler potatoes, scrubbed
- 3 lemons, scrubbed
- 6 slices soy and linseed bread, crusts removed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1.5kg whole chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
The instruction how to make Lemon roast chicken
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Lightly grease a roasting pan. Place potatoes and 2 lemons in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are just tender. Drain. Set aside.
- Place bread, oregano, onion and half the pepper in a bowl. Juice boiled lemons. Add half the lemon juice to bread mixture. Using clean hands, mix to combine.
- Rinse chicken (including cavity) under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towel. Trim excess fat. Spoon bread mixture into cavity. Tie legs together with string. Combine remaining lemon juice with oil. Season with salt and remaining pepper. Rub into chicken.
- Place chicken, breast-side up, in prepared pan. Roast for 45 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Halve potatoes lengthways. Toss potato and garlic in pan juices. Return chicken to pan. Thinly slice remaining lemon. Arrange slices on chicken. Roast for 45 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken thigh is pierced with a skewer and potatoes are golden brown. Serve.
Nutritions of Lemon roast chickenfatContent: 611.123 calories
saturatedFatContent: 17 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 4 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 45 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 7 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 65 grams protein
sodiumContent: 176 milligrams cholesterol