Slice into this chicken and ham loaf to discover the golden egg treasure inside.
The ingredient of Chicken picnic roll
- 300g flat mild pancetta or streaky bacon, rind removed
- 4 (about 180g each) corn-fed chicken breast fillets
- 500g chicken sausages (we used AC Butchery chicken and porcini)
- 1 cup large basil leaves
- 300g sliced ham
- 5 x 60g eggs, hardboiled, shelled
- 2 tablespoons honey
The instruction how to make Chicken picnic roll
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C.
- Lay a large sheet of lightly greased foil on the workbench. Lay pancetta, slightly overlapping, to completely cover foil.
- Place the chicken breasts in between 2 pieces of plastic wrap, then use a rolling pin or meat mallet to flatten. Lay the chicken over the pancetta. Remove the meat from the sausage casing and spread over the chicken breasts to completely cover. Place basil leaves over the sausage filling, then cover with slices of ham. Lay the hardboiled eggs just off-centre in a long line on top of the ham.
- Fold in the long edge of the roll thats closest to the eggs, then, using the foil, roll up to enclose eggs. Make sure roll is covered tightly (if necessary, use another sheet of foil to cover), then twist ends to seal. Place in a baking tray and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Unwrap the top of the foil, drizzle with honey and return to oven for 15-20 minutes or until pancetta is golden. Cool, then rewrap and refrigerate overnight. To serve, bring to room temperature, then cut into thick slices.
Nutritions of Chicken picnic rollfatContent: 594.632 calories
saturatedFatContent: 31 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 11 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 11 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 9 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 67 grams protein
sodiumContent: 330 milligrams cholesterol